Friday, March 2, 2007

Fit & Fat

Okay, so it’s been a while since I last wrote. Work’s been a bitch, Mercury’s in retrograde, and everything seems to be going to shit (broken front tooth, head cold, fight w/significant other…). Alas, here’s the latest installment!

Fit and Fat

I had my monthly visit w/my nutritionist, and (surprise) she is shocked at the lack of my progress, be it weight or inches. I told her this was the point (3 months) that I was usually kicked out of Weight Watchers or told to “get use to it [being fat]” by doctors. It’s bizarre.

I burn a LOT of resting calories for my size. I should burn about 2100/day, but I actually burn well over 3000/day. I have a shitload of muscle, and I exercise like a maniac (5-6 days per week w/double doses on at least 3 of those days).

“I’m the picture of fit and fat,” I told the nutritionist. Although I’m at my highest weight ever (well, almost), I can tell that my body is performing better than it ever has been. I crave activity. I don’t even get tired in jams anymore. I get anxious if I have to sit out more than 1 jam when scrimmaging, because I want to fucking MOVE! It’s truly awesome, but I can’t help but imagine how much more awesome it could be if I wasn’t wearing this fat suit. I feel like my mobility is somewhat limited by parts of my body being so large.

The verdict. Upping my caloric intake from 1600 cals/day to 2400 cals/day. I’ve lost 3 pounds already since Monday. Bitchin!

Maulers vs. Long Island Roller Rebels on Sunday

We’re hosting LIRR on Sunday, and we’re doing this whole 80s themed bout – giving away prizes for people dressed 80s, etc. I was so looking forward to this, because it was to be the showdown of the 80s superstars: Me (Cindy Lop-her) and MadDonna. Sadly, MadDonna is unable to make the bout due to family obligations.

This bout is sure to be a crowd pleaser. The Maulers let lose on Female Trouble (CCRG’s B-Team) last Monday during scrimmaging. The last jam of the night featured brutal double-teaming. At one point, I took out a player, and on her way down Joy Collision hit her from the other side. Ouch! I’m looking to pull some of this out on Sunday as well!

Well, that’s it for now. It’s time for me to get changed to do the Walk Away the Pounds 2-Mile Walk DVD w/my co-workers!!!

No comments: