Monday, March 5, 2007

Mobtown Maulers Make Derby History with Largest Point Spread AGAIN!!!

Maulers: 289 LIRR: 16

Last night ROCKED!!! In our first Division III WFTDA match up (we’ve only ever played Division I & II teams), we beat LIRR 289 to 16.

I played my usual Blocker 1&2 positions for the first two periods, but I MOTHERFUCKING JAMMED in the third!!! The score was so uneven that the crowd started requesting Berzerker and I jam. We did it! Berzerker did better than I did, with a 9-point jam. My jam ended in a tie: 0 to 0. Everyone was really impressed with us habitual blockers stepping up to jam. The crowd went wild and I’ve been getting nothing but nice e-mails about it all day long! My teammates were especially impressed with my resilience. I was able to get back up and sprint back to the pack immediately – how did I do it? I think it has something to do w/that endless supply of energy I was talking about in my last blog post. I just never got tired, not even when jamming!

“So, what do you think makes the difference,” Betty Beatdown, my fellow Mauler and Speed Regimer, asked me.

I think it’s a little of everything. Eating well, getting a shitload of exercise on a very regular basis, and really, REALLY fucking wanting to get better and do my absolute best. The drive is certainly #1.

The East Coast Extravaganza is in two weeks, and we have two WFTDA bouts with Division II teams: Grand Raggedy and Detroit.

No comments: