Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Stuck in the Weeds

The past few days have been problematic. They could have been worse, no one has died or been involved in a horrible accident, but it’s just been one thing after another at the Lop-her household.

It started out with a gathering at my house on Saturday night. It was a good time. I made girlie drinks, and we sat around drinking and laughing for hours. At about 1am I realize it’s taking a friend a while to get back from the bathroom, so I go to investigate. She winds up puking all over my guest bed (my dog sneaks in to eat most of it), my upstairs hall, and my bathroom. One part of the puke that was on the bathroom door very closely resembled congealed bacon grease... Worse yet, I keep finding puke – still. Just last night I saw some on the bottom of a wall. I really would like to be able to stop walking around my house with Lysol disinfecting wipes.

It’s spring, and I’m happy about that, but this year my allergies have been killing me. The Claritin I take doesn’t truly last 24 hours, so my doc tells me to take Benadryl before bed. It works, but it also makes me late to work, because I can’t get up. Then there’s the drug-induced haze I remain in until 1 or 2pm daily. I decide to stop taking it, which results in my missing work yesterday because of a migraine, which was certainly sinus related.

I finally get out of bed at 2pm yesterday, and I do some laundry. I decide to go to practice (even though I feel guilty about having missed work and feel like I “shouldn’t” allow myself the fun of practice). I drive out of my parking spot, up the street, and hear a loud snap, followed by a grinding noise. Fuck.

I drift backwards down the street to get my car back to my house. Now, let me mention that yesterday sucked for my boyfriend, and he was in no mood to do anything, let alone deal with my now broken car. I drag him out of the house to inspect it. I can’t drive it, he can’t fix it now, and I have to make arrangements for my coworker to give me rides for the rest of this week.

I suppose out of everything that could have gone wrong, mysterious reappearing puke, a migraine, and a broken car aren’t exactly that bad, but they still suck. Today I'm here, at work, in a Benadryl-induced drug haze, and I'm really just ready to put this all behind me.

2 comments:

Betty said...

Sorry about the puke :(

Betty said...

Sorry about the puke :(