Monday, April 14, 2008

Thank You and Call for Civilian Booty

Today, I’d like to take the opportunity to thank all you readers out there – for inspiring each other and me. I get so many e-mails and myspace messages from readers who enjoy this as a place that’s not only safe for women, but also where we break down barriers and encourage each other as well.

The Campaign for Real Booty (CFRB) has really struck a chord with many women across this country (and across the globe), be they derby girls or not. I’ve received glowing reviews from such women who say CFRB has made them a better derby player, inspired them to set a good example for the other big girls they come in contact with, or allowed them to see themselves in a different light. That’s what it’s all about.

I think the important thing to take away from CFRB, or any other post that may be on this blog, is that we all have the power within us to set a good example for other ladies and excel at something (anything) we want to be good at. If you want it, take it. As those of us who do derby know, size isn’t an excuse for anything – if we can haul ass and be superstars at a sport, then we can do anything we put our minds to.

So, I’d like to thank everyone who has submitted pictures and bios for CFRB. Thank you for being a leader. Thank you for showing anyone who may even stumble on this blog that there’s nothing any of us can not do. Thank you for inspiring each other. Thank you for continually inspiring me.

As I mentioned on Friday, I’d like this coming week’s CFRB to feature our non-derby sisters who are rocking it out there as working professionals, stay-at-home moms, working moms, friends, sisters, and daughters. If you’re a reader and don’t play derby, I’d like to encourage you to send in a picture for this week. You can include your name and a short bio if you’d like to, or you can choose to remain anonymous. I hope to get a good response out of this solicitation, so please help me spread the word!

Long live real booty!

No comments: