Monday, April 21, 2008

Time Out: Shit Storm

It’s a funny thing about Mondays – how they seem to cause or coincide with so many shit storms. I really did intend on writing today’s entry about something I will save for tomorrow, because I’m just entirely too flustered to be able to do any subject justice right now.

I got shit hitting the fan here at work. The only good thing is that none of it’s my fault. I also got multiple shit hitting the fan within the business of derby (deadlines being blown, preparation for our season opener, etc). Then there’s the “something’s wrong with my dog” shit that we noticed last night when he was having problems going up the stairs and the “I have no time to do anything” shit that I’ve just been feeling in general lately. Add that to the ongoing shit that is my aunt and grandmother both being in the hospital, and, BAM! Instant anxiety.

Really, all aforementioned shits are “usual” types of shit, but today they have accumulated into a shit storm (I never understood that phrase fully until now). My neck is stiff, my shoulders sore, and I’ve peed, like, four times already in the two-and-a-half hours I’ve been at work.

I suppose I just have to tackle one piece of shit at a time, rely on other people to help me pick up the pieces (ew), and relax as best I can.

I’ll be back tomorrow with some more insightful shit, I promise.

2 comments:

Tami said...

I am always here for you!

chrissy said...

ha, i know what you mean, i fully became aware of the true meaning of a shitstorm not long ago and it is enough to give you insta-panic attack..

hang in there, cindy lop-her!