Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Pre-Con

Tuesday is here, and I’m off to Vegas to prepare for RollerCon. Luckily, I got a teacher-friend who’s off in the summers to give me a ride to the airport. Over the past 3 days I’ve repeatedly tried to weed out unnecessary clothing and anything else that’s contributing to my 10-ton each, three pieces of luggage. I think I finally got it to a manageable level – two bags were checks, but my carry-on is a bitch – it’s massive, probably weighing 30 pounds or more, which is interesting with my “good” shoulder still on the mend (slower now that the other one is injured) and my other arm in a sling. You know what that means, though… I get to PREBOARD!!! I’ve never done it before, and I’m probably more excited than I should be, but whatever.

The painkillers have disrupted my regular schedule, if you know what I mean, and I’ve only been to “see a man about a horse” every-other day if I’m lucky. It’s been 3 days, and I was in a bit of a worry that the time would come on the airplane, because, well, that’s my luck. But, no! As I was sitting here waiting to board, the gods graced me with a gift – a poo. As if that wasn’t spectacular enough, my gate is directly across from the restrooms, which NEVER happens, so even though I had to schlep my bags to the bathroom and back, it was only about 20 feet.

This is gonna be a good trip.

No comments: