Monday, September 8, 2008

Bad Luck Lop-her

And I thought I’d have time for a thoughtful and funny entry today – who was I kidding?!

My life for the past few weeks has been somewhat unbelievable in the luck department. It all started Labor Day weekend when an 8-hour bathroom project took all 3 days we had off, thus making us cancel our fun plans for that weekend.

Last week was less than ideal with the stress of contract deadlines, etc. for the WFTDA tourneys (and it’s spilling over into this week too).

The hurricane forced me to cancel the RenFest birthday on Saturday, got into an argument with my mother yesterday, my dog was puking this morning, so I was running late for work, and then my car overheated and died on the way into work.

My boss came to pick me up… at the WRONG ice rink. She finally made it, we dropped my car off at my house, drive to work, and now I’m stranded here with no way home, thus making it impossible for me to attend derby tonight like I had hoped to – it would have been my 1st practice back after the OTHER shoulder injury.

Lastly, I think I’m getting a cold.

Perhaps I’ll write tomorrow’s entry tonight while I’m drinking myself into age 30 and decompressing from just today’s comedy of errors.

No comments: